AJAX PICKERING HOCKEY 2022-2023 TRYOUT GUIDELINES
The below information DOES NOT apply to U18 AAA.
U18 AAA PLAYERS CLICK HERE
Players who do not follow the tryout guidelines, as described by the OHF, will not be provided with a release. If you do not attend tryouts at all and require a release once tryouts are complete, the APMHA will NOT provide you with a release after the fact. Make sure you are aware of and understand the rules. It is your responsibility to understand and be informed of the LOR rules and guidelines. The APMHA will not respond to release requests until the tryout process has been followed and
All players should tryout at their own birth year. Players should only tryout for a team an age year up with the express consent of the Coach. Please contact the coach and they will follow the internal process for players playing up.
LOR TRYOUT REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL LEVELS
- Players who reside in Ajax or Pickering, from U10 to U13, MUST tryout for the Ajax Pickering Minor Hockey Association (LOR Regulation E48)
- Players who reside in Ajax or Pickering from U10 to U13 who are currently playing on a rep team outside of Pickering/Ajax MUST return and attend Ajax Pickering Minor Hockey Association tryouts. (LOR Regulation E50).
IF YOU ARE TRYING OUT FOR AAA (U13 AND BELOW)
As per the OHF/ LOR Regulations, to be eligible for a AAA Waiver/LOR Release you first must try out for and be released from the Ajax Pickering AAA team in the age group you are requesting the Waiver/Release. If you are offered a position on the AAA team in your requested age group you will not be eligible for a AAA Waiver/LOR Release. To request an AAA Waiver:
1. Register for and attend the Ajax Pickering AAA Tryouts
- if you are selected for the team you are not eligible for an LOR Release or AAA Waiver
- if you register for the Tryouts but do not attend (also known as a No-Show) you will not be eligible for an LOR Release or AAA Waiver
- if you are released from the Tryout proceed to step two or three (below)
2. To request an AAA Waiver (waivers are only valid for non-LOR OMHA centers) please email Cheryl Robbins with ALL of the following information:
- Player’s Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Phone Number
- Parent or Guardian email address
- What team did they play for last season?
- Which team are they trying out for?
- Are they a Goalie or a Skater?
AAA Waiver Requests for Players in AAA U13 and younger will only be accepted via email. Please allow 48 hours for completion. Requests received with incomplete information will take longer. Once approved, you will receive the AAA Waiver electronically. PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER.
3. To request an LOR Release (valid only for LOR OMHA Centers and GTHL):
- Player and parent must attend the tryout office as both signatures are required on the form.
AA and A PLAYER RELEASES
- The Ajax-Pickering Minor Hockey Association has first right of refusal on players who reside in Ajax or Pickering from U10 to U13. Any Ajax or Pickering player in these age groups will require a release from the APMHA before they are eligible to tryout with another team in the LOR. (LOR Regulation E53).
- A player at U10 to U13 who is provided a commitment offer from a Team and does not accept it, will not be provided a release for that Category. (LOR Regulation E59).
- The APMHA will not entertain release requests (regardless of the situation) in advance and until the player has gone through the tryout process. If you have concerns, regarding the LOR rules please contact the OHF.
- All LOR Player release forms must be signed by both the parent and player regardless of age. Player must be present while obtaining the release.
- Players who do not make themselves available for tryouts or who fail to show up to the majority of tryouts will not be provided a release (LOR Regulation 59) after the fact regardless if team is full.
- Players who deliberately attempt to throw a tryout will not be provided with a release.
U8 and U9
- As per OHF guidelines, U8 and U9 players are resident compliant and LOR releases are not available.