We are always looking for Coaches to add to our Association. If you are an experienced coach or someone who is looking to get started please contact APMHA for more information.
The APMHA is looking for House League coaches for the 2022-2023 season. Click here to volunteer and get started!
REPRESENTATIVE & HOUSE LEAGUE COACHES
**Notice: All eHockey functionality is incorporated into HCR 3.0. If you have been registered in hockey previously as a Player, Coach, Official or Trainer, you can view your profile by creating a Hockey Canada Registry (HCR 3.0) account (if you have not already done so).
Click on the following link for assistance with HCR 3.0:
- Setting Up your Hockey Canada Registry Account
- How to link a Member in the Hockey Canada Registry
Hockey Canada has developed coaching qualifications that all Team Officials (Coaches, Trainers and Managers) are required to complete. All qualifications were developed to ensure all participants have a full understating of the Hockey Canada health and safety protocols and are prepared to return to the rink in a safe and healthy manner.
All APMHA rostered team officials must hold the required OMHA certifications; including the Gender Identity and Expression course, Respect in Sport Activity Leader program, Rowan's Law acknowledgement and must submit a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Reference check issued within the last two years to APMHA.
Team officials within different divisions and levels of play will require further Training/Certification.
2022-2023 Team Officials Qualifications and Requirements
If you are interested in coaching House League this season please CLICK HERE.
ALL APMHA COACHES MUST REGISTER AS BENCH STAFF WITH AJAX PICKERING HOCKEY - CLICK HERE
All Representative and House League Coaches must register as Bench Staff through the HCR system. This ensures all of your Hockey Canada waivers are signed; there is no cost associated with this registration. Bench staff registration is currently open. Please proceed to the APMHA online store to register: MHA Registration Page (hockeycanada.ca)
Gender Identity and Expression
The OHF requires all team officials to complete Gender Identity and Expression. There is no cost associated with this course.
Two required steps:
Respect in Sport: Activity Leader Course
- If needed, register for an Hockey Canada account - see link above
- Once your account has been established, visit the HCR website to find your clinic and register for the course. All the course modules can be completed online.
Criminal Reference/Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC)
Ajax Pickering Raiders Bench Composition
- Contact DRPS, require two pieces of government issued ID (one with photo), you can now apply online on the DRPS website
- The cost is partially subsidized with a letter from APMHA, please contact APMHA admin staff to obtain a copy of this letter
- If required, coaches are asked to bring the original to the WMHA office for verification
- As a reminder, VSC’s are valid for a period of 2 years, and are only valid for ages 18 and up
Bench Composition: Representative
All teams must have a minimum of two and a maximum of five rostered bench staff members. Teams must have a certified Head Coach and Registered Trainer (HTCP). Coaches must submit a Bench Staff Approval form prior to the start of the season. Representative team Managers are responsible for ensuring all the necessary documentation is sent to the APMHA before the start of the season. Teams will only receive an approved OMHA roster when all coaching requirements have been met.
Bench Composition: House League
All House League teams must have a minimum of two rostered bench staff members. Teams must have a certified Head Coach and Registered Trainer (HTCP). All bench staff must be approved by the APMHA.